WDP Bedford DIP
21 The Crescent
Bedford MK40 2RT
Tel: 01234 271 162
Fax: 01234 344 992
24/7 helpline/SPOC: 0800 085 1304
Opening times: Monday to Friday 09:00am to 4:45pm
Services provided at WDP Bedford
WDP Bedford provides support for people who come through the criminal justice system and are experiencing problems with drugs and/or alcohol. WDP also offers services across two other areas in Bedfordshire and Luton: Dunstable and Luton.
- One-to-one support
- Alcohol screening and assessment
- Arrest Referral service
- Harm minimisation advice
- Support at court
- Restrictions on Bail
- Alcohol Treatment Requirement, coordinated with local partner agencies in Bedfordshire
- Integrated Offender Management programme, which also facilitates access to alcohol detoxification services
- Prison link worker Bedfordshire wide
- Escorting clients to appointments into tier 3 services
- Help to reduce your drug use
- Referrals to appropriate agencies to meet individual needs
- Fast track into services
We also offer referrals into:
- Shared Care: opiate substitute prescribing service, nurse and GP led, offering hepatitis vaccinations and testing.
- CAN: offers group work, structured day care and counselling.
- Health Link: offers fast track into mental health services.
- JKP: offers a weekly alcohol surgery.
- NOAH: offers a weekly housing surgery.
- Progress to work surgery: offers help with CVs, training and help getting back into work.
- Addaction: Bedford Open access service including needle exchange service, harm minimisation advice and complementary therapies (e.g. acupuncture).
How to access the services:
Clients can ask to speak to a drug worker in custody, can be referred through probation, prison and out-of-area boroughs. Alternatively people can also drop in to the project and access us voluntarily. This service is accessible for individuals over 18 based in Bedford.