67 High Street North
Bedfordshire LU6 1JF
Tel: 01582 501781
Fax: 01582 699666
24/7 helpline/SPOC: 0800 085 1304
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm
Services available at WDP Dunstable
WDP Dunstable provides support for people who come through the criminal justice system and are experiencing problems with drugs and/or alcohol. WDP also offers services in two other locations in Bedfordshire and Luton: Bedford and Luton.
- One-to-one support
- Alcohol screening and assessment
- Arrest Referral service
- Harm minimisation advice
- Support at court
- Restrictions on Bail
- Alcohol Treatment Requirement, coordinated with local partner agencies in Bedfordshire
- Integrated Offender Management programme, which also facilitates access to alcohol detoxification services
- Prison link worker Bedfordshire wide
- Escorting clients to appointments into tier 3 services
- Help to reduce your drug use
- Referrals to appropriate agencies to meet individual needs
- Fast track into services
We also offer referrals into:
- Shared Care: opiate substitute prescribing service, nurse and GP led, offering hepatitis vaccinations and testing.
- CAN: offers group work, structured day care and counselling.
- Health Link: offers fast track into mental health services.
- JKP: offers a weekly alcohol surgery.
- NOAH: offers a weekly housing surgery.
- Progress to work surgery: offers help with CVs, training and help getting back into work.
- Addaction: Bedford Open access service including needle exchange service, harm minimisation advice and complementary therapies (e.g. acupuncture).
WDP Dunstable also works in partnership with a range of outside agencies including probation, care co-ordination service (REHAB), SPACED (an advice service for families, parents and carers of drug users), housing agencies and many more.
How to access the service
Clients can ask to speak to a drug worker in custody, can be referred through probation, prison and out-of-area boroughs. Alternatively people can also drop in to the project and access us voluntarily. The service is available to individuals over 18 based in Dunstable.