WDP Enfield ROOTS
Recovery Oriented Offender Treatment Service (ROOTS)
12 Centre Way
Claverings Industrial Estate, Montagu Road
Edmonton, London N9 0AH
Nearest overground station: Edmonton Green
T: 020 8379 6970
F: 020 8379 6965
24/7 Referral Line: 0800 048 0028
Services provided at WDP Enfield ROOTS
WDP Enfield ROOTS provides support for people who come through the criminal justice system and are experiencing problems with drugs and/or alcohol. The team works closely with the criminal justice system, including within the custody suites at police stations and magistrate courts, as well as with health services and other agencies to provide people who are experiencing problems with drug and/or alcohol the support they need to leave the cycle of crime and substance use.
The free and confidential service offers the support of a key worker who provides one-to-one advice and information about problematic drug and alcohol use.
See how WDP Enfield celebrated Recovery Month in June 2012.
Services available include:
- One-to-one support & treatment
- Alcohol screening and assessment
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and counselling
- Access to prescribing appointments
- Assessment and preparation for detox and residential rehab
- Meet at gates and visiting you whilst you are in prison
- Integrated Offender Management (IOM) programme
- International Treatment Effectiveness Project group (ITEP)
- Group work programme ‘Grow and shine’: group sessions covering topics such as managing anger, families and relationships, confidence and self-esteem and setting future goals.
- GOALS UK training: a two-day training looking at practical and emotional tools to help people get more out of their lives
- Brief interventions for alcohol users: the client can meet with a keyworker to understand their alcohol problems in more detail. Initial brief interventions involve a short one-off meeting, whereas more extended brief interventions which consist of regular meetings over several weeks, so clients with more serious alcohol problems can develop a tailored care plan with the keyworker.
- Citizens Advice Bureau surgery
- Jobcentre Plus clinic
- Rent deposit scheme
- Access to the 'Hot Works' recovery café run by the ‘Break the Cycle’ Enfield service user group
How to access the service
Via a referral from a criminal justice service such as the Police, Probation, Courts, HM Prison Service, CARATs.
You can also access the service on a voluntary basis.
We work in close partnership with Compass, the Citizens Advice Bureau, Police, Probation, CARAT services, and the Court and the Enfield Good Samaritans Network.
Drug and Alcohol Recovery Payment by Results (PbR) Pilots Programme
WDP Enfield is part of the government's Drug and Alcohol Recovery PbR pilot. We are commissioned to provide a range of treatment and non treatment interventions to enable service users to become free from dependency and address their offending behaviour. The service is being measured on four main outcomes related to improved health and wellbeing, freedom from dependency, success in ETE and reduction in reoffending. We will continue to work in police stations in order to generate new referrals. In addition WDP Enfield has been commissioned to deliver the Alcohol Treatment Requirement (ATR) provision.