9 Bruce Grove
London N17 6RA
Tel: 020 8885 0111
Fax: 020 8801 0663
Services provided at WDP Haringey
WDP Haringey provides support for people who come through the criminal justice system (CJS) and are experiencing problems with drugs and/or alcohol. Clients would be referred to WDP Haringey for assessment of suitability for a Drug Rehabilitation Requirement (DRR). A DRR is part of a Community Order which the court can give as part of a sentence when the person has a problem with drugs and needs help.
WDP Haringey runs a Structured Day Programme which consists of a weekly timetable of activities which include group work, key work and drug testing. This programme is also open to people who wish to attend voluntarily and may not be involved in the CJS.
Services available include:
- Alcohol screening and assessment tests to help evaluate the client's alcohol use, so we can offer more tailored support and referrals to appropriate services.
- Initial brief interventions where the client has a one-off meeting with a keyworker in a criminal justice or general health setting, to discuss their alcohol use and learn about safer drinking.
- A dedicated key worker who will meet with the client on a regular basis, providing the following support:
- Advice & information on how to move away from the cycle of crime and drug use
- Referral into fast track prescribing if applicable
- Close communication with probation services
- DRR Assessments
- Writing court reports on progress made on DRR
- Refer clients to other services in the borough for additional help (e.g. housing)
- Daily groups covering topics such as:
- Stopping your drug use and how to stay stopped
- Personal development
- Substance misuse & harm reduction
- Peer support group
- Relaxation, acupuncture & art
- Goal setting
How to access the service
- Referrals for DRR assessments come through the Probation Service upon request from the Court.
- Referrals from other Drug/Alcohol treatment agencies in Haringey
- Self referral
RISE: AfterCare service
RISE (Resettlement, Independent, Stability and Enterprise) is an aftercare service aimed at helping former service users with finding work by giving them the skills needed to apply for jobs. WDP Haringey provides this service in partnership with the Haringey Advisory Group on Alcohol (HAGA).
Who is the project for?
The project is for residents of Haringey aged 18 and over who come from a background of drug or alcohol misuse.
How does it work?
The RISE team will look at each client’s needs and think about how to help them, whether by finding them a voluntary placement, job support, or extra training. There is a weekly timetable of classes which run for a three-month period. Clients can take part in classes which include CV writing, IT classes, education, training and employment services and life skills classes amongst other things. There is also time allocated to peer support and relapse prevention, citizens’ advice and alternative therapies once a week.
Resettlement Independence Stability Enterprise
171 Park Lane
London N17 0HJ
Tel: 0208 801 3999
WDP Haringey provides the services on behalf of Haringey City Council and works in partnership with Haringey Advisory Group on Alcohol (HAGA).